Monday, September 17, 2007

picture memories

i have been coming across a lot of cool pictures lately. on peoples computers. on blogs. on website. on tv shows. and it makes me want to learn how to take pictures and then take pictures. i am a visual person, so pictures are powerful for me. i assume i can buy a decent camera for a few hundred dollars, so that part of the equation would be fairly easy. and if i didn't want to take a class, i'm sure a little practice would be enough. then, if i ever do go somewhere cool/fun when my friends invite me, i'll possibly be able to take some cool pictures. then i'll just have to learn how to put them up on my blog. but i'm sure my friends can help me with that when the time comes.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Posting them is super easy. I can also tell you how to steal them from other people's blogs and post them on yours. *wink*

And honestly, unless you're going to get a super nice SLR or something, just your everyday digital camera is pretty easy to point and shoot. I think you'd be wasting your money on a class if that were the case.

edluv said...

i went digital a while back, but i still love film. i really wish i was developing film. film costs money, so that means shot selection. film requires developing, so that requires time. these are small things, but they used to be a part of the process that made photo an art to me.

this isn't to say that you can't have process with digital, because you definitely can. but, there was something different about using film.

having said all that, buy digital. it's cheaper, especially when you're learning and developing your style. you can push a button and get rid of crap as you learn from it, for free! you only print the few great pictures, and so on.

i like my point and shoot, but the digital slr's are getting cheaper, and that would allow for the photo tricks & techniques.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to be a good photo taker good I just have never followed through on that. If you go to Jay's blog and go to his sister's link (Lisa) she a super photographer that can get you inspired.

edluv said...

becky is right, lisa is fantastic. i check her blog maybe every other week and just marvel @ her pictures.