Monday, December 15, 2008

free time

what to do.
i can only watch so much television.
i can only watch so many dvds.
i don't have a computer at home to use.
i don't have a video game system either.
i don't have a girlfriend to occupy my time.

i'm going to start working out. just at the little "gym" at my apartment complex. maybe after i succeed at this level for awhile i might join a real gym. we'll see.

and i would like to volunteer somewhere. i know kasey tried helping at the spca, and that didn't pan out, but i would like to look into it anyway. there is one a few minutes away from where i work, and there is an animal shelter (i think it's an animal shelter) being built close to where i live.

5 comments:

Adam said...

You're always welcome to hang out with me if you need to kill some time. I have a video game system but am lacking in the girlfriend department which makes it really, really easy to lay on the couch blasting Germans and Japanese to kingdom come or practice my golf swing.

Anonymous said...

i joined a gym.

-ed

The Mrs/Mom said...

Good luck with the animal shelter.... I think I would take them all home. Shelters make me sad. But someone that's stronger needs to give them some love. Good luck.

m.wise said...

a couple of people from work are going to the animal shelter during lunch thursday (they are going to look for dogs, i am going to ask about volunteering). we'll see how it goes.

lisa said...

Some things on my To Do list that I've yet to do. Maybe you could do them?

*learn how to make creme brulee
*finish Don DeLillo's great book Underworld
*find out how to download a ring tone to my phone without paying some weird fee to Sprint (kind of embarrassing that I don't know this)
*archive old photos
*go to the library to pick up my On Hold books
*learn how to repair and maintain typewriters
*memorize the 1000 Spanish phrases on my 1000 Spanish phrases flashcards

I belong to a really lame gym, but it's right around the corner from my flat, so I go regularly. I'm convinced that proximity is key to actually getting oneself in the door. So the apartment complex gym doesn't sound like a bad deal.