Friday, September 12, 2008

my favorite harry potter

so i watched all five harry potter movies over the last two weeks in the evenings; that should tell you how exciting my life is. and i have to say i like movie number three the best. that's not saying that i like book number three the best, or the story in three the best. but the movie, the movie. i don't know the proper terms to use; maybe it's the production, or the cinematogrophy, or the direction. but i really enjoy watching it. it has weight to it. emotion. i think that movie number three has the same mood and theme that is developing and living through the entire book series (where some of the other movies are their own entities, serving their own purposes).

now i wouldn't say that book number three is my favorite, but i can't tell you which one is just now. it's been too long since reading a few of them. so i'm rereading the series. it will probably take me a little bit to do (especially since i am still finishing up two other books too). but after i finish i will tell you which book i liked the best. and hopefully i will be able to adequately explain why.

on a side note, i love how two people can read the same book and see things entirely different. the mood and theme and feeling i get from reading this series may be somewhat (or completely) different from what someone else gets from it.

6 comments:

Adam said...

You should have called me man, I would have loved to review the movies again. Might I borrow them or did you rent?

And I also love, particularly with this series, the differences and nuances that different readers pull from the books.

m.wise said...

i have them adam, and am happy to lend them to you.

Adam said...

Awesome. I'll talk Harry Potter with you anytime you like.

carly said...

i love harry potter!!! i'm just finishing reading them for the first time.

i just got book 7 today.

i can't wait to read it.

Adam said...

Aaaaw a noob. Welcome to the club.

Demirep said...

Am I the only person left in the world who has yet to read a single Harry Potter book? Yikes...and to think I want a job in publishing...

I once dated a guy who was obsessed with Harry Potter...but that could have been because he was 5 years younger than me...but he got in a serious argument with a roommate over a detail non-obsessives thought to be insignificant.

Note to self: Do not share that tidbit with too many people, and especially do not post it on the internetz.