Wednesday, August 08, 2007

uhhh, excuse me

Last night I'm sitting on my sofa watching the San Francisco Giants play baseball, hoping that Barry Bonds will hit a home run when there is a knock on my door. My first thought is "little kids selling candy". It wasn't little kids selling candy. I answer my door and there are two girls outside, both in their mid-20's. One was mildly attractive and the other was not. We stare at each othe for a few seconds. Then the first girl reaches out her hand to shake mine and says that her name is Melina (or something like that) and this is her sister (don't know if she said her name). So I shake her hand and say hi, and then we stare at each other for a few seconds. Melina says, "I'm here to collect (or we're here to collect, don't remember)". And I think to myself "But I don't get the Fresno Bee". It was not for the Fresno Bee. Melina says, "It's $150 for an hour and $75 for a half." (I still don't know if she was to take the money and leave and the other girl would stay...or if they both stayed. My mind was swirling at the time.) So I shake my head and say something like "not me". Melina says "this is the right place" and the other girl says "maybe I should call him again (or call him back)". So I say my street number and apartment number and "I didn't call anybody". Melina looks a little confused/perturbed and they start to walk into the courtyard while the other girl gets out her phone. I then lock my door, close my blinds that look into the courtyard, and sit down on the sofa to resume watching the game. Barry Bonds hits a homerun an inning or two later. That's right, Barry Bonds hit a homerun last night.

8 comments:

edluv said...

awesome. maybe last time you were in bakos, someone "used" your apartment and now these female pimps have come to collect.

Adam said...

Wow, exciting, nearly like the two times that prostitutes tried to get into my car. Welcome to the club Mike.

m.wise said...

thank you adam. do i get a membership card?

timidvenus said...

wow. thats weird. i wonder if it was my neighbor melina or if it was someone different...

Adam said...

I was thinking t-shirts. Maybe, "I've been solicited by a prostitute."

Lulu said...

Ahh so these are the shirts you were talking about Friday. I am back in the loop now.

duble-u said...

dang, this would have to happen on the one night you didn't have cash on you.

m.wise said...

these girls made it easy on me as far as deciding whether to part with cash or not.