Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What 'chu talk'n 'bout, Cricket

Sometime this morning, as I was walking from an office in the back up to my office, I came across a cricket on the ground. It was laying on its back flailing its legs about. So I kick it gently to move it into the 'flower bed' (which is full of bark, small plants and trees that have grown almost as tall as it will be possible for them to grow inside.), which allowed it to turn over and go on its way. As soon as I had shown him this mercy the thought came to me that this could well be the same cricket that was making all the noise a few weeks ago. Well, I figured that the chirping would soon begin...but it didn't. So I say "Thank you Cricket. Thank you for not making me wish that I had killed you."

2 comments:

edluv said...

maybe jimminy will give you some wishes now.

Adam said...

I think Jimminy was choking on some Raid when you sent him into the woodchips.