Wednesday, December 26, 2007

bad habbits

we all have bad habbits, right? one that i constantly battle with is biting my fingernails. i've always done it - i'm sure it has to do with my early childhood or something like that. my parents used to put the peppery tasing nail polish on them, but i would chew right through that. i might have gotten punished and spanked (i can't remember); but i always bite my nails.
at different times, i have tried to not bite them. i've gone for weeks, a few times i've gone months, but i always end up defeated. i'll be three weeks in, trimming them and keeping them looking good, and then i'll be watching a movie or something and before i know it i've chewed half of my nails down to nothing. then i give up and move to the other hand and say that i'll try again some other time.
i am currently trying to not bite my nails. five or six days in, so far so good. so when we are hanging out and you see me start to bite my nails, i give you permission to hit me/kick me/make fun of me/throw something at me (not your drink, ed)/or remind me that i'll never become an asternaut or president if i bite my nails.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

You should get acyrlics, that way you cant bite them at all. Plus you could get french tips which would be quite classy.

timidvenus said...

so, it bothers you to bite them? i mean, why stop? youre pretty old already, so it will be very hard to quit now, and its really not that bad of a habit. i say keep at it. and really, i dont think ive ever noticed you biting them, so i wont get to throw anything at you...

flowgun said...

sometimes they scratch me when you've chewed at them. try to stop.

Adam said...

Wow, so many options. I might get all flustered when I catch you and end up slapping myself or spilling my drink all over my lap.