Friday, January 11, 2008

self image

i took a picture of myself last night, but i didn't like it so i deleted it. if someone else was there to look at it, they probably would have said that it was fine. i would like to see myself through other peoples eyes...maybe...just for a day. what do people see when they see me? what do people think about me, or feel about me, when they see me? i know that there is more to a person than their looks; and when you look at a person you see more of them than just their looks. the more you know a person (family, friend, spouse/other), the more "extras" you see or project on to the image your eyes are taking in. language seems so...inadequate (or maybe just my ability to understand and/or express it). i wish i could express better what i see when i look at people (maybe only sometimes i wish this). maybe that's why i didn't like the picture i took last night. because sometimes i see everything about me (all of the "extras", good or bad) and sometimes that overwhelms the picture, pours out of it, ruins it. can anyone understand what i'm saying, whether they agree or not, or is this just confusing? maybe someone else can better say, or elaborate on, or further explain what i tried to start here.

4 comments:

edluv said...

i get what you're saying.

i mean, i usually think i'm a really sexy byatch, and i wonder if that's how others do to.

George said...

That is why I like your blog. It is always interesting. It makes perfect sense.

Anonymous said...

I see where you're coming from and it's a very open, honest position Mike.

I think you can express perfectly what you see, when you look at people. It's just a matter of breaking through those barriers that might be holding you back. That and social convention.

Being utterly honest can be anything from romantic to hurtful and it's a fuzzy line sometimes. I cross it frequently and it gets me into trouble, but when I manage to say something in truth that the other person appreciates, it's a really great thing, for both people involved.

Do you want answers to your first two questions, or are they rhetorical?

m.wise said...

those were rhetorical...unless you have wonderful things to say about me...then they are mandatory...but really, they are rhetorical.